SMITH Magazine, home of the Six-Word Memoir project, presents: “I’m Only Popular at Summer Camp: Six-Word Memoirs on Camp, Summer Stock, and the Family Vacation.”
Get advance tickets (and save money):
• Ann Leary, author of “Outtakes From a Marriage” and “An Innocent, A Broad.” She is co-host of the new NPR show Hash Hags
• Susan Blackwell, co-starred in “[Title of Show]” and co-wrote/performed in the recent lab production of “Now. Here. This.” She hosts of Broadway.com’s “Side by Side by Susan Blackwell”
• Joe Iconis, writer/performer/co-author of “Things to Ruin,” “Bloodsong of Love: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Spaghetti Western,” and “The Joe Iconis Rock and Roll Jamboree”
• Deborah Copaken Kogan, author of “Shutterbabe,” “Between Here and April,” “Hell Is Other Parents” and the forthcoming novel, “The Red Book”
• … and maybe YOU! Write your Six-Word summer-related memoir on Facebook Wall and we’ll invite one of you to join the performers on stage to tell your Six-Word Memoir and backstory! http://on.fb.me/sixonJuly25
The night starts at 6 p.m. with a Happy Hour at the 92YTribeca’s amazing bar, where you can meet other six-lovers over drink specials. At 7pm, the show begins: six performers, six minutes each to tell their story. The evening ends with an audience participation Six-World Slam: you’re invited to share your own six words on this hot, fun, miraculous and messy thing called summer.
photo: from “Camp Camp” by Roger Bennett & Jules Shell. It’s a great book.